1. ZFW is set to take place over 3 venues, with 2 still currently in talks. Pariah State is one of the trendy and hip venues that are confirmed.
2. ZFW aims on working with less models and having a more controlled system compared to last year where too many models were hired compared to what budget could afford. The event plans on hiring 30 female models and 10 male models to rock the runway.
3. Are you a Games of Thrones Fans? Well there may be a cast member walking the Zimbabwean runway. An unrevealed GOT cast member is in talks with ZFW to walk the runway.
4. There will be day passes as well as several options to buy tickets to specific shows. The ticket prices aim to be more affordable and friendly. Priscilla added that this year they want to give people more options and freedom to watch what they like while not breaking the bank.
5. The young designer’s competition is still on the cards. ZFW are currently in talks with a South African Fashion school about a scholarship.
6. There will be more than fashion and we can expect some fantastic entertainment especially music.
7. More local and international celebs will be on the walkway.
8. Time will be more strictly followed this year to ensure smooth flow of events
9. Improved models walks and energy. Priscilla was highly impressed by the quality of models that auditioned and expressed delight in the improvements of models’ walks and attitude.
10. EXPECT AMAZING LIGHTING, STAGE DESIGN AND NEW CONTRACTS.ZFW have new partners, contracts and a fantastic creative design in the works.
This year’s event will definitely be a must watch. With so many great ideas and plans for the premier fashion event, it is definitely exciting to see how high Zimbabwe Fashion Week’s socks will be pulled. We definitely felt the excitement at the press briefing and look forward to a sophisticated week of fashion in August.