M.A.C is now available in Zimbabwe and as part of my MAC experience, not only did I explore the products available at the store located at Sam Levy’s Village but also had the opportunity to discuss products with their professional makeup artist, Haseena. With several years of experience in the beauty industry, Haseena is one of the professional makeup artists working at M.A.C’s first Zimbabwean store. The renowned makeup brand not only sells quality products but also assist clients with product application and techniques through their trained staff. It is certainly exciting that Zimbabweans can now enjoy a global product and experience right here. For the local market, it also means competition and demand for quality products and experiences. Haseena explained the diverse M.A.C products and how to use them to transform my look to stylish and bold with a glow. Here are some of the highlights of my MAC experience and what products we used to achieve my look and glow.
- Studio fix fluid foundation in NC44.5
- Mineralize powder in medium tan
- Blush in burnt pepper
- Paint Pot in groundwork
- Eye shadow in bronze
- Eye shadow in woodwinked
- Fluidline gel eyeliner in blacktrack
- Haute and naughty too black mascara
- Lip pencil in chestnut
- Lipstick in ruby woo
- Mineralize skinfinish in gold deposit
Notes and tips
- Finding the perfect foundation and powder are key . Studio Fix is light on the skin but does and perfect job at smoothening your skin tone and making your face look flawless yet still being easy on your
- Get the glow with mineralize powder, is a lovely finish that gives you a tan and glow. Subtle but ideal for contouring and adding colour to your face. The Mineralize skinfinish in gold deposit adds the final finish to this tan and glow look.
- The Burnt pepper blush was an adventurous product to use, especially because I normally shy away from blush. However, Haseena explained the usefulness of blush and the colour it adds to the face. The burnt pepper blush certainly brightened the face.
- Getting the sexy eyes with M.A.C eye shadow in bronze and wood winked. The bronze is neutral yet still eye catching, Haseena adds “This is one of my favourite eye shadows as it similar to a deep gold with no grey undertones”
- With eye makeup the trick is to press the eye shadow first then swipe.
- Get the fierce cat eye with the Fluidline gel eyeliner in blacktrack. “The precision of the gel and long lasting quality make this a must”
- Seal the look with a bold red lip using the retro matte lipstick, Ruby Woo and the chestnut pencil.
- Voila! Bold and stylish with a glow!
One of the things I enjoyed about my is experience is how light the makeup is on the skin, natural and long lasting.. Watch this space for more looks and how you too can be rocking them. Visit the M.A.C store at Sam Levy’s Village and explore new products to add to your must haves.
Thank you to Haseena for making me look fab with a glow!