The newest hotel in Victoria Falls overlooking the mighty Zambezi, is the elegant The Palm River Hotel. From its stunning location to the impressive architectural design, the Palm River Hotel is a must for the traveler wanting luxury, and a tranquil escape at an affordable price.
The Palm River Hotel offers unimpeded views and privacy for both the business and leisure traveller. For me, it was exciting to be one of the first guests at the impressive hotel this past December. The location is definitely a highlight, it is close enough to central landmarks but secluded enough for some downtime.
Fro arrival to check out, Palm River Hotel’s charm is felt – there is always a new detail to take in and appreciate. This review is a little more on my one night experience at the Palm. The hotel’s location could not be more idyllic, situated along the banks of the iconic Zambezi River, among towering indigenous trees and only 4 kilometres from Africa’s Natural World Wonder, Victoria Falls . It is so close, in fact, that on a clear, quiet day you can hear the thunder and see the spray of the mighty waterfall from your room.
The architecture is impressive and possibly one of the most exciting in the Victoria Falls. The Palm River Hotel has been inspired by the architectural style of the Queenslander, distinct in its savvy use of timber and corrugated iron and its consideration of climatic conditions. The end result was modern innovation, cosmopolitan and perfectly suited to the local environment. Every detail stood out from the beautiful replication of the Victoria Falls bridge to the locally curated wallpaper designs.
The rooms are modern , clean and have nespresso machines which are a big plus. I do enjoy modern luxury and my only criticism is that they could be a little bigger especially if you are sharing the space.
The food is yummy! Breakfast was an occasion and I appreciated the Chef’s inclusion of new offerings and that it is not just your boring english style experience. Lunch was yummy, the cocktails refreshing and most notable the strawberry daiquiri. It truly was a treat!
The pool was inviting and overlooks the zambezi which is definitely a plus. It was unfortunate , the day of my stay it was rainy and we didn’t get to experience it. I will be back in the drier months to cool off in that beauty .
A peaceful and tranquil encounter is what awaits you surrounded by nature. The zambezi river and distant falls is a wonderful way to recharge and rejuvenate. For me this was definitely a plus and once the spa is complete – that is going to be magical.
Things to Note
- Special rates and packages! Palm River Hotel has awesome opening specials and packages also targeted at local travellers. Look out for these and enjoy a tranquil experience and save too.
- Great for even just a meal. I loved their food and drink offerings and would definitely recommend it even just for the visitor who would like a nice meal in a beautiful place.
- At night, the place completely transforms! One of the things that completely left me speechless was how much the property transforms at night . From the intimate lighting including the blue tones in the pool and elegant bridge details. IT IS MAGICAL and a must see
- Settling in ! like any new hotel , some aspects are being refined things like landline not working and some items not yet in stock. As one would say finding their feet but their sister hotel, Ilala has provided some support. There are also areas still under construction like the spa and honeymoon villas.
- The complimentary shuttle to Town and Ilala is welcomed! When on holiday , accessibility to key stops is always convenient and much appreciated. I found this offering quite useful especially for centralized locations.
Overall the Palm River Hotel is a masterpiece that offers comfort and peace at great value along the banks for the Zambezi. I look forward to my next encounter in the drier months