A dream destination on my bucket list, the luxurious Treehouse suites at Victoria Falls River Lodge has been on my travel bucket Wish List- and what a dream come true it was! The unique 6 Island Treehouses are everything you can imagine, simply magical! For the luxury traveler, the experience is certainly a piece of paradise on the shores of the Zambezi.
From our arrival, a stylish boat ride to the private Kandahar Island is a perfect way to start a luxurious adventure. Welcomed by the friendly team led by the manager, Zana and all guests begin their journey with a refreshment towel and a gorgeous cocktail.
The check-in process is seamless and the true treat is the room tour with your official butler and Roy spoilt us throughout our stay. Speechless! The impressive walkways to the timber suites overlooking the Zambezi river are both innovative and inviting. The exclusive suites are open plan and beautifully decorated spaces. The true definition of luxurious comfort is being surrounded by nature only a few km from the Victoria Falls.
- The room is out of this world and a beautiful fusion of modern and cabin-style glamping. The little details from the minimalistic bathtub overlooking the Zambezi, to the Nespresso machine and contemporary décor! Perfection can best describe the experience
- Mealtimes are glorious and food lovers are bound to find an impressive surprise. Chef Leo certainly spoilt our taste buds. Each meal was beautiful and complimented well by the fantastic service. You are in for a treat! Mealtime is served at a different location within the shared spaces from the beach to the bar and patio- it is certainly an experience
- Activities mainly include a tour of the falls, sunset boat cruises, and game drives. Personally, sundowners on the Zambezi is always a favourite.
- The plunge pool is a wonderful way to cool off after a hot day and having your own privacy makes it more exclusive and romantic.
- Amazing service from start to end! The personal butler service adds to the luxurious experience and our butler , Roy was extremely delightful and optimistic. We also had a wonderful time with guide, Beke’s fun-spirited character
Things to Note
- The best time of year to go is definitely the dry season and you can make the most of the plunge pool and star bed.
- The rainy season has lower rates and even when it does rain, it may not rain all day and we were lucky to not have continuous rainfall.
- If you are someone wanting to rest, avoid doing too many activities- The stunning room is all you need to unwind.
- Enquire about transfer times so that you can schedule your arrival and departure
The Victoria Falls River lodge awaits you and is certainly the epiphany of luxury travel. I cant wait to be back.